We had an Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 car seat. 6 months ago, we noticed the strap was beginning to wear and it wasn’t tightening correctly. So we contacted the manufacturer, who told us to pack the seat up and ship it off to them and they would send us a replacement. 3 days later we had a replacement.
Seems we weren’t the only ones having problems as this weekend Transport Canada issued a recall onÂ three brands of car seats after concluding a defective strap can loosen and endanger children during an accident.
The following makes and models sold between November 2003 and December 2005 are affected:
- Cosco Alpha Omega: 22C15BNP, 22C15CRK, 22C15ROR, 22C15TUX, 22C26BNG, 22C26GRH
- Cosco Alpha Omega Elite: 22C51HMR, 22C51TRP, 22155CSPH
- Eddie Bauer 3 in 1: 22C75AFD, 22C75ARD, 22C75EBN, 22C75MPB, 22C76SHL
- Eddie Bauer Deluxe 3 in 1: 22C71BGL, 22C71BLD, 22C71MAC, 22756CLRS, 22756CBAL, 22757CMRC, 22757CLKM
- Safety 1st Enspira: 22C50TWL, 22C50WFD
- Safety 1st Intera: 22C46BDF, 22C46BDN, 22C46BKY, 22C46GEO
If you have one of these models, you can contact the Dorel Juvenile Group at 800-219-0540 if yo8u have one of these seats and they will replace the strap.